Based on a recent directive from the Spam Register, the datacentres are required to enforce a strong password policy across the board.
What the Spam Register needs your email users to do:
1. Passwords need to be at least 18 characters in length with both uppercase and lowercase characters, and also include numbers and symbols.
2. Change and update all email users' password on regularly basis - every quarterly.
3. Use a different password for different login.
4. Check computers for virus and trojans regularly.
5. Ensure all web applications and scripts (Wordpress, Joomla etc) are up-to-date.
The system machine (SYSOPS) will create accounts based on the requirement of having at least 18 characters in length with both uppercase and lowercase characters, and also include numbers and symbols.
The Spam Register is doing this to enhance overall protection of the Internet community, email users, to minimize Spam abuse by hackers, to minimize blacklisting RBL.
Venture Domain Hosting Team